Thursday, May 31, 2012

Carter {8 months}

So, I realize it's been awhile since I've posted.  Not much going on around here.  Quite boring actually.  We just got back from a vacation--if you can even call it that.  I spent the most time with Carter in our whole 5 days of being gone.  Riley got some quality time with Papa and Nana and Bret got to play with his friends.  Me?  I got to spend time with Carter in the hotel room and actually got a little scrapbooking done.  I think I made the tiniest little dent in my scrapbooking.  I am WAY behind!  I'm almost finished with Riley's second year (haven't completed his first) and only just begun on Carter's 8 months of life.  Someday maybe I'll catch up!

All that to say...Carter IS 8 months old!  Can't believe it!  I know I say that every month, but 1 year is approaching faster than I anticipated.


At 8 months Carter has 2 teeth, which popped through the SAME time!  And I believe he's working on more.  He still loves to put everything in his mouth and clamp down.  Sometimes it's with a little grin as he's clamping down on whatever may be in there!  I think it is safe to say that he is sleeping through the night once again!  Yay!! 


Every time we're out and about I think there is AT LEAST one person who comments on his size.  Many people ask "oh, what is he like 3-4 months old?"  to which I just laugh and say "nope, he's 8 months!"  And then the "oh he's' so little" comments usually start flowing.  He does have rolls though!  Just because you're little doesn't mean you don't have rolls on your thighs!  He's still wearing 3 month clothes and breaking into the 6 month range. 


He's not too fond of being on his tummy--except when he's sleeping. Sometimes at nap/night time he'll roll himself over to his back and wake himself up--then he's not fond of being on his back!  Go figure!!  This whole rolling over thing is just now starting to happen more frequently. I think he's finally figured out what he's doing!  If we could get him to roll from his back to his tummy we'd be golden!

This past month he has really started loving his paci.  Mom and Dad love it too!  Keeps him quiet when he decides it's fun to screech at high pitches!


Carter loves his brother!  Riley comes in from wherever and Carter will flash him a grin.  Riley loves to tickle him and loves to have Carter "take him down."  Riley will sit behind him on the floor and pull him back onto him.  Carter just usually grins and Riley will sit him back up and do it again!  Riley is super excited for Carter to be big enough so that they both can take Daddy down!



1 comment: