Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Adventures

Monday brings the start of a new adventure for our family.  Bret starts a brand new job in Amarillo, Texas.  This first month of 2012 could be quite challenging as he is down there and me and the boys stay in Kansas for a little while until we can find a place to call home down there. 

As we leave behind family and friends, we are extremely sad to say goodbye, but know that this is part of God's plan for our lives.  We never know what's in store for us and we ask that you pray that this experience will be one that strengthens us and draws us closer to each other and, most importantly, God.

We hope this blog will give you a little glimpse into our lives in Texas and, hopefully, I can get over the fact that I am NOT the greatest writer or photographer like so many of my friends and keep up with posts on a regular basis! You'll have to bear with me as I figure this thing out!

And, because I know hardly anyone likes posts without pictures...



Even though we may live in Texas we'll always be Kansas fans!!  Both K-State AND KU!  Even though some of you may not like us rooting for both!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh....May I be the first to leave a comment? And, don't worry. I certainly don't have amazing posts and pics :). I'm happy to hear your house sold, but I am sad you guys are leaving...it'll be one less boy in Luke's & Riley's Sunday School class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be following you and seeing just where God leads your family! We left almost two years ago and it has been rough at times being away from family esp. b/c we both grew up so close to our families and never really wanted to leave Kansas, but we knew God was asking us to go and since then we have felt God's hand with us and we have grown so close together. Hugs and good luck by yourself! I was there and packing and running a house all by myself and I stressed a little too much at times. Now I look back and see all the ways God was leading me as a woman and as a mom:) I'll be in prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go cats! i will make sure to keep riley and carter in a supply of purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! so glad you're joining blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad you caved! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that feeling of not thinking I can write good enough, but it is a way to keep in touch with others. The young moms encouraged me to do it, and it may not be fancy but it sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the bloggy world! Just write for you and don't worry what others think! It is a great way to keep all your family and friend in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete